Robert Eagle Staff Middle School

Robert Eagle Staff
Middle School

Records Requests and Private School Applications

Records Requests and Private School Applications

The process outlined below is only for out of district schools requesting records for a student who has transferred to their school.

If you are a parent/guardian whose child has transferred out of Seattle Public Schools, please direct your new school to this webpage or have them email the registrar, Deanna Gallichan, at

How to Request Transferred Student Records

Seattle Public Schools uses a web-based application (Scribbles) to help manage all student records requests from other schools for transferring students.

Requests received via fax, phone call, email, and mail will not be accepted.

All transferring student records requests must be submitted online using the K-12 Transfer application. This application is a secure, self-service application that is easy to use:

  • Site Access. Go to K-12 Transfer
  • Sign in to an existing account OR Create Account.  If you do not already have a K-12 Transfer account, one will need to be created.
    • A school email address must be used to set up the account; personal email addresses will not be accepted.
    • Once an account has been created, the credentials for the account will be verified. This process takes approximately 24 hours.
    • An account only needs to be verified once.
    • A “Your registration has been verified” email notification will be sent when the account has been completed.
  • Submit Request. Login to the K-12 Transfer application and submit the request for records.
  • Processing Time.  Your request will be processed electronically as soon as possible, usually within 3-5 school days.
  • Download the Records.  When the “processing complete” email is received, you will need to login to the K-12 Transfer application to download the student records you requested.

Please contact if you have any issues setting up your account or submitting a record request.

For more information about the student records SPS provides, please see the district Transferring Student Records Request page.

Students and families applying to private schools for the next school year should review the following instructions before submitting requests for school records and teacher recommendations. These are two separate requests and are handled separately by school staff.

Academic Records Requests

Be aware of deadlines for your private school and submit records requests early. Requests will be processed as time permits. Allow a minimum of 5 school days for processing.

Requests received after Friday, December 8, 2023, cannot be guaranteed processing before the new year. Requests cannot be processed during winter and spring breaks.

Electronic Applications (examples: Ravenna, direct online portal, schools who accept e-mail)

Paper Applications (for private schools processing applications offline)

  • Submit your completed request form to the Registrar, Deanna Gallichan, in the main office. Please include $5.00 for each application you are requesting. This covers the cost of a 9.5″ x 12.5″ envelope, postage, and copy fee. Be sure to allow time enough to meet your specific school deadline.

Teacher Recommendations

The main office does not coordinate teacher recommendations.  It is the student’s responsibility to work directly with teachers for their recommendations.

Your request for a teacher recommendation should be addressed to the teacher from whom you require a recommendation. Please provide a standard business sized envelope addressed to the private school with adequate postage to cover at least two ounces. This is required for each school to which you are applying.

It is also courteous to ask the teacher in advance (via e-mail) if they would be willing to fill out the form, before dropping the form off in their mailbox at school. Teacher e-mail addresses can be found in our Staff Directory.

Be aware of deadlines for your private school and submit requests early. Teachers will process recommendations as their time permits.