Thanksgiving and Holiday Resources
Youth Thanksgiving Celebration at New Horizons Ministries
Thanksgiving celebration for youth ages 13-25. Festivities include dinner, karaoke, raffle prizes, entertainment and more.
Address: 2709 3rd Avenue Seattle WA, 98121
Phone Number: 206-374-0866;
Website: New Horizons
Hours: Tuesday, Nov. 23, 6-8pm.
Thanksgiving Meal at Chapel on the Ave
Offers a multi-course, restaurant-quality day-after-Thanksgiving dinner for anyone in need
Address: 4130 University Way Northeast Seattle WA, 98105, US Food distribution occurs in the alley of this location;
Website: Chapel on the Ave
Hours: F, 5:30-7pm, Nov. 26, 2021.
Community Thanksgiving Luncheon at Salvation Army’s Seattle Temple Corps in North Seattle
Provides a free community lunch for anyone in need on Thanksgiving Day;
Address: 9501 Greenwood Avenue North Social Services Office Seattle WA, 98103;
Phone Number: 206-783-1225
Website: Salvation Army’s Seattle Temple Corps in North Seattle
Hours: Th, Nov. 25, 2021 Time of meal TBD
Eastridge Church – West Seattle Campus
4500 39th Ave SW, West Seattle Assembly of God Seattle, WA, 98116
There is a Toy House. A giveaway and holiday show take place.
Mount Zion Baptist Church – Jesse Owens Fellowship Hall
1634 19th Ave, Seattle, WA, 98122
The program is known as Christmas Day of Caring. The charity has a holiday celebration, lunch and free Christmas toy giveaway in King County for children ages 12 and younger.
University District Food Bank
Location is 5017 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98105
Main phone: 206-523-7060
The Holiday Gift Program combines food boxes (at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter) with holiday gifts for kids under the age of 18.
Catholic Community Services – Annual Holiday Gift Shop Address is 4250 S Mead St St. Edwards Parish, Seattle, WA, 98118 Dial 206-445-5669 The gift shop is for pregnant women, including single moms. Kids needs to be under age of or just born, and they can get toys as well as free Christmas gifts. It is for low income and working poor families.
King County Toys for Tots – This volunteer driven, Christmas gift giving program provides new toys to children from struggling as well as lower income households. Everything from clothing to games, dolls, trucks, and more may be passed out for those families that register and meet qualifications. Most of the application sites are at the Salvation Army, but other locations are as follows.
- Kent Service Extension supports the zip codes of 98002, 98030, 98031, 98035, 98042, 98047, 98064, 98071, 98089, 98092, 98001, 98032. The address is 1209 Central Ave S Ste 145 Kent, Washington, 98032-7439. Call 253-852-4983.; Other application sites can be found online.
Salvation Army – Seattle Temple Corps There are a few social service offices in King County that run holiday programs. Please see below. Toy ‘n Joy can distribute free toys, vouchers and food cards to income eligible families. Another resource known as Christmas Gift Bags For Seniors assist the elderly and homebound, and some delivered meals and gifts may be offered in King County too. The Giving Tree and Toy ‘n Joy, or Angel Tree, is also in the region.
- 9501 Greenwood Ave N Outreach Ministries
Seattle, Washington, 98103
- Salvation Army – Social Services Department – East King,
911 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA, 98008.
- 911 164th Ave NE Bellevue, WA, 98008,
- Federal Way/Des Moines Salvation Army center
26419 16th Ave S, Des Moines, Washington, 98198,
- 1209 Central Ave S Suite 145, Kent, WA, 98032.
- 720 S Tobin St, Renton, WA, 98057
dial 425-255-5969 for intake.
- 1101 Pike St, Seattle, Washington, 98101
- Another Salvation Army Social Services Department
9050 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA, 98106.
206-767-3150 Ext: 102.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul – Council of Seattle Area and local churches 206-767-6449 The charity and its churches administer the Christmas Family Assistance program for King County residents. Free food, toys, hot meals, gifts and clothing may all be offered.
Christmas Food Boxes at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church Food Bank
Description: Provides food boxes for Christmas and small gift to children under 18.; Distribution on Su, Dec. 20; 3pm.
Social Emotional Learning Resources and Family Wellness
- Talking About Race and Social Justice at Home
Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup
- The Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture on Talking About Race: National Museum of African American History and Culture
Social and Emotional Lessons
Free Social Emotional video lessons by grade level and topic, along with support materials for each lesson, from Second Step and the Committee for Children
- The Imagine Neighborhood Story Podcast
- Making Space (social/emotional lessons thru art) with Christian Robinson
- Join the Worry Warriors Club
- Mind Yeti
- Susan Greenland
- Fablefy – The Whole Child
- New Horizon – Meditation and Sleep Studies
- Free Audio Books for Kids
- Parent Support – Sound Discipline
- UW Center for Family and Child Well Being
- Seattle Public Schools’ Community Resource Listings
- Seattle Children’s Resources for Mental Wellness and Family Life
- Children’s Hospital community therapy resources for mood and anxiety
COVID-19 and Health Insurance
- Advice and Testing for COVID-19. Symptoms, when/how/where to Test, latest guidance and FAQ, multilingual resource from Public Health – Seattle and King County
- Health care coverage. A special enrollment period is open for free or low-cost insurance
- Free and Low-Cost Computers and Access to the Internet in the City of Seattle
- King County support during COVID
Crisis Connections: can direct you to community support with housing, food, or financial assistance. You can call Crisis Connections at: 2-1-1,1-800-621-4636, or 206-461-3200. Or online the Crisis Connections website has a great directory for resources and community support Emergency needs: King County Crisis Line is available 24-Hours a day at 866-427-4747.